Kybella is an FDA-approved treatment for minimizing fat deposits at the jawline and under the chin. This injectable treatment achieves noticeable results without surgery, producing a dramatic improvement in your profile. Approved to treat double chin fat in 2015, Kybella is a groundbreaking advance in aesthetics – no surgery, no liposuction, no incisions, and no stitches – the fat simply melts away as Kybella does its work.
What is Kybella?
Approved by the FDA for adults over 18, Kybella is a revolutionary way to remove unsightly fat from under the chin. These deposits, known as submental fat, or a double chin, mask the jawline and leave you looking older and heavier than you are. Kybella’s active ingredient is a synthetic version of a naturally occurring molecule in the body. This molecule, deoxycholic acid, works to help the body absorb dietary fat. When injected, synthetic deoxycholic acid destroys fat cells, allowing the body to absorb them – never to return.
What is a Kybella treatment like to experience?
As an injectable treatment, Kybella comes with far less downtime than you could expect after removing a double chin surgically or with liposuction. The first step to benefiting from Kybella is a discussion with our professional team at SculptMD. We will assess your health to ensure you are safe to undergo this groundbreaking treatment. Once it is determined that you are a good candidate for Kybella, a series of injections will be administered in a grid pattern in the fatty area beneath your chin.
Swelling at the injection sites is common, fading in the days ahead. You can limit swelling by applying ice packs, warm compresses, or wearing a chin strap for compression.
Benefits of Kybella
- Based on nature: Kybella is created using a synthetic version of a naturally occurring molecule that dissolves fat cells in the body
- Treatments are easy: Each Kybella treatment can be expected to take between 15 and 20 minutes, meaning you will get noticeable results without a huge time commitment
- Kybella treatments are non-surgical: This injectable treatment delivers the results of a surgical procedure without the consideration of recovery time.
- Cost effective: While some cosmetic procedures cost tens of thousands of dollars, Kybella typically ranges between $1200 and $1800
- It works: Though this is a non-invasive procedure, more than 82% of patients reported a significant improvement in overall satisfaction with their appearance.